Explore the concepts of high-voltage direct current and alternating current transmission systems as you uncover the AKTU Btech syllabus on HVDC and AC Transmission. Explore the world of effective and trustworthy power transfer.
Dudes 🤔.. You want more useful details regarding this subject. Please keep in mind this as well. Important Questions For HVDC and AC Transmission: *Quantum *B.tech-Syllabus *Circulars *B.tech AKTU RESULT * Btech 4th Year * Aktu Solved Question Paper
UNIT-1: INTRODUCTION OF EHV TRANSMISSION
- EHV transmission, standard transmission voltage
- Comparison of EHV AC & DC transmission systems and their applications & limitations
- Surface voltage gradients in conductor
- Distribution of voltage gradients on sub-conductors
- Mechanical considerations of transmission lines
- Modern trends in EHV AC and DC transmission
- UHVAC transmission system.
UNIT-2: EHV AC TRANSMISSION
- Corona loss formulas
- Corona current
- Audible noise generation and characteristics corona pulses their generation and properties
- Radio interference (RI) effects
- Over voltage due to switching
- Reduction of switching surges on EHV system
- Principle of half wave transmission.
UNIT-3: EXTRA HIGH VOLTAGE TESTING
- Characteristics and generation of impulse voltage
- Generation of high AC and DC voltages
- Measurement of high voltage by sphere gaps and potential dividers.
- Consideration for Design of EHV Lines: Design factors under steady state limits
- EHV line insulation design based upon transient over voltages
- Effects of pollution on performance of EHV lines.
UNIT-4: EHV DC TRANSMISSION-I
- Types of dc links
- Converter station
- Choice of converter configuration and pulse number
- Effect of source inductance on operation of converters
- Working principle and characteristics of a 6 pulse converter with two & three valve conduction mode
- Three valve conduction mode and three and four valve conduction mode
- Principle of DC link control, converter controls characteristics
- Firing angle control
- Current and excitation angle control
- Power control
- Starting and stopping of DC link.
UNIT-5: EHV DC TRANSMISSION-II
- Converter faults
- Protection against over currents and over voltages
- Smoothing reactors
- Generation of harmonics
- AC and DC filters
- Multi Terminal D systems (MTDC): Types, control, protection and applications.
Important Question with solutions | AKTU Quantums | Syllabus | Short Questions
HVDC and AC Transmission Btech Quantum PDF, Syllabus, Important Questions
HVDC and AC Transmission Quantum PDF | AKTU Quantum PDF:
AKTU Important Links | Btech Syllabus
|Btech AKTU Circulars
|Btech AKTU Syllabus
|Btech AKTU Student Dashboard
|AKTU RESULT (One View)